Specimen Shipment Alert — Labor Day
Due to the Labor Day holiday, observed Monday, Sept. 1 in the United States, Mayo Medical Laboratories' specimen pickup and delivery schedule will be altered. To ensure that your specimen vitality and turn-around time are not affected, plan ahead and note:
- There will be no courier or FedEx pickups or deliveries on Monday, Sept.
- Due to specimen stability issues (thawed specimens), specimens shipped via FedEx on Saturday, Aug. 30 should be packed with extra dry ice.
- FedEx shipments tendered on Friday, Aug. 29 (and marked “Saturday Delivery”) will be delivered Saturday, Aug. 30. FedEx shipments tendered on Saturday, Aug. 30 are scheduled to arrive Sunday evening, Aug. 31, although FedEx does not guarantee this delivery. If a box is not part of this Sunday PM delivery, it will instead be delivered Tuesday morning, Sept. 2.
- Mayo Couriers who routinely make pickups on Saturday and Sunday, and utilize commercial airlines, will run as normal.
- Normal pickups and deliveries will resume Tuesday afternoon, Sept. 2.