Memorial Day Specimen Shipment Alert
Memorial Day, observed on Monday, May 25, is a U.S. national holiday. To ensure that your specimen vitality and turn-around time are not affected, plan ahead and note the following Courier/Carrier schedules for the Memorial Day holiday:
- No pickups or deliveries will be made on May 25 by either couriers or FedEx.
- FedEx shipments tendered on Friday, May 22 will be delivered Saturday, May 23. FedEx shipments tendered on Saturday, May 23 are scheduled to arrive Sunday evening, May 24, although FedEx does not guarantee this delivery.
- Due to specimen stability issues (thawed specimens), Saturday couriers who use FedEx have been instructed to please ask clients to hold their frozen samples until Tuesday’s pickup. If a client insist ‘frozens’ be sent, the courier will fill the styro completely with ice.
- FedEx items not delivered on Sunday, May 24, will not be delivered until Tuesday, May 26.
- Items scheduled for Saturday or Sunday delivery will be unaffected.
- Normal pickups and deliveries will resume Tuesday afternoon, May 26.