Thanksgiving Specimen Shipment Alert
Due to the Thanksgiving Holiday in the United States, recognized on Thursday, Nov. 26, Mayo Medical Laboratories' specimen pickup and delivery schedule will be altered. To ensure that your specimen vitality and turn-around time are not affected, plan ahead and note:
- FedEx shipments tendered on Wednesday, Nov. 25 will be delivered on Friday, Nov. 27. Because of cooler outdoor temperatures, we feel confident that when our couriers completely fill their styro with dry ice, the samples will remain stable during the two day trip.
- Mayo Couriers will make regular pickups on Wednesday, Nov. 25.
- Delta Airline flights will run as normal.
- PaccAir flights will run as normal Wednesday night into Thursday morning.
- Couriers who send samples to Jacksonville on Wednesday will use their normal carrier (DL, FedEx), keeping in mind that FedEx shipments will be in transit for two days.
- FedEx will not make pickups or deliveries on Thursday, Nov. 26.
- Mayo Couriers will not make pickups on Thursday, Nov. 26.
- Normal pickups and deliveries will resume Friday afternoon, Nov. 27.