Due to the Christmas holiday, recognized on Friday, Dec. 25, and the New Year's holiday, recognized on Friday, Jan. 1, Mayo Medical Laboratories' specimen pickup and delivery schedule will be altered. To ensure that your specimen vitality and turn-around time are not affected, plan ahead and note:
- FedEx shipments tendered on Thursday (Dec. 24 and 31), will be delivered on Saturday (Dec. 26 and Jan. 2). Due to the cooler outdoor temperatures, we feel confident that when our courier/drivers completely fill the styro with dry ice, the samples will remain stable during the two day trip.
- Please note that many FedEx locations will close early on the “eves” of Christmas and New Year’s. Route pickup times may need to flex so these deadlines can be met.
- Delta Airline flights will fly as normal, but airports will be congested with travelers.
- PaccAir (ND, SD, IL, and MI) will provide flight support on Wednesday night (Dec. 23 and 30) into Thursday morning (Dec. 24 and 31), but will run 1 hour early.
- Couriers who ship samples to Jacksonville on Thursday (Dec. 24 and 31) will use their normal FedEx and Delta flights, keeping in mind that FedEx will deliver on Saturday (Dec. 26 and Jan. 2).
- FedEx will not make pickups or deliveries on Friday (Dec 25 and Jan 1).
- Mayo Couriers will not make pickups on Friday (Dec. 25 and Jan. 1).
- Normal pickup and delivery schedules will resume on Monday (Dec. 28 and Jan. 4), or Saturday (Dec. 26 and Jan. 2) where normally scheduled.