Memorial Day Specimen Shipment Alert
Memorial Day, observed on Monday, May 30, is a U.S. national holiday. To ensure that your specimen vitality and turn-around time are not affected, plan ahead and note the following Courier/Carrier schedules for the Memorial Day holiday:
- No pickups or deliveries will be made on Monday, May 30 by either couriers or FedEx.
- FedEx shipments tendered on Friday, May 27 will be delivered Saturday, May 28. FedEx shipments tendered on Saturday, May 28 are scheduled to arrive Sunday evening, May 29, although FedEx does not guarantee this delivery. If a box is not part of this Sunday PM delivery, it will instead arrive on Tuesday morning, May 31.
- Due to specimen stability issues (thawed specimens), Saturday couriers who use FedEx have been instructed to please ask clients to hold their frozen samples until Tuesday’s pickup. If a client insists ‘frozens’ be sent, the courier will fill the styro completely with ice.
- Mayo Couriers who routinely make pickups on Saturday and Sunday and utilize commercial airlines, will run as normal.
- Items scheduled for Saturday or Sunday delivery will be unaffected.
- Normal pickups and deliveries will resume Tuesday afternoon, May 31.