Independence Day Specimen Shipment Alert
Independence Day, observed on Monday, July 4, is a U.S. national holiday. Due to the holiday, Mayo Medical Laboratories' specimen pickup and delivery schedule will be altered. To ensure that your specimen vitality and turnaround time are not affected, plan ahead and note:
- FedEx shipments tendered on Friday, July 1, will be delivered Saturday, July 2.
- FedEx shipments tendered on Saturday, July 2, are scheduled to arrive Sunday evening, July 3, although FedEx does not guarantee this delivery. If a box is not part of this Sunday PM delivery, it will instead arrive on Tuesday morning, July 5.
- Due to specimen stability issues, we suggest not sending any samples by FedEx on Saturday, July 2. If a client prefers that "frozens" be sent, the courier will fill the styro completely with ice.
- No Mayo Couriers will make pickups on Monday, July 4.
- FedEx will not make pickups or deliveries on Monday, July 4.
- Mayo Couriers who routinely make pickups on Saturday, July 2, and Sunday, July 3, and utilize commercial airlines, will run as normal.
- Couriers who ship samples to Jacksonville (JAX) on Saturday, July 2, by FedEx, will instead send all samples to Rochester. Saturday samples sent to JAX by commercial airlines will ship as normal. Sunday, July 3, samples normally sent to JAX will instead be sent to MSP by Delta airlines.
- Normal pickups and deliveries will resume Tuesday afternoon, July 5.