Labor Day Specimen Shipment Alert
Due to the Labor Day holiday, observed Monday, Sept. 5, in the United States, Mayo Medical Laboratories' specimen pickup and delivery schedule will be altered. To ensure that your specimen vitality and turnaround time are not affected, plan ahead and note:
- There will be no courier or FedEx pickups or deliveries on Monday, Sept. 5.
- Due to specimen stability issues (thawed specimens), couriers who intend to ship specimens via FedEx on Saturday, Sept. 3, have been instructed to please ask clients to hold their frozen samples until Tuesday, Sept. 6. If a client prefers that "frozen" be sent, the courier will fill the styro completely with ice.
- FedEx shipments tendered on Friday, Sept. 2, will be delivered Saturday, Sept. 3. FedEx shipments tendered on Saturday, Sept. 3, are scheduled to arrive Sunday evening, Sept. 4, although FedEx does not guarantee this delivery. If a box is not part of this Sunday p.m. delivery, it will instead be delivered Tuesday morning, Sept. 6.
- Mayo Couriers who routinely make pickups on Saturday and Sunday and utilize commercial airlines will run as usual.
- Couriers who ship samples to Jacksonville (JAX) on Saturday, Sept. 3, by FedEx, will instead send ambient and refrigerate samples to Rochester. Samples sent to JAX on Saturday, Sept. 3, by commercial airlines will ship as usual. Samples usually sent to JAX on Sunday, Sept. 4, will instead be sent to MSP by Delta airlines.
- Regular pickups and deliveries will resume Tuesday afternoon, Sept. 6.
- If your shipments typically arrive to Mayo Medical Laboratories next day, please do not ship on Saturday September 3rd. We would also ask that overnight shipments not be shipped on September 4th & 5th.
- If your shipments typically arrive to MML within 2 days, please do not ship on September 2nd or 3rd.
- If your shipments typically arrive to MML 3 days after they were shipped, please do not ship on September 1st, 2nd, or 3rd.
Please make sure “Saturday delivery” is selected on your Air Waybill when creating shipments if you anticipate your package(s) will arrive to Mayo Medical Laboratories on Saturday September 3rd.
Please direct all questions and concerns about international shipping by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.