Thanksgiving Specimen Shipment Alert
Due to the Thanksgiving Holiday in the United States, recognized on Thursday, Nov. 24, Mayo Medical Laboratories' specimen pickup and delivery schedule will be altered. To ensure that your specimen vitality and turn-around time are not affected, plan ahead and note:
- FedEx shipments tendered on Wednesday, Nov. 23 will be delivered on Friday, Nov. 25. Because of moderate outdoor temperatures, we will have our couriers pickup samples of all temperatures. Couriers have been instructed to pack all frozen coolers tight with dry ice as they will have a two day trip.
- Delta Airline flights will run as normal on Wednesday.
- PaccAir will maintain regular North Dakota, South Dakota, Chicago, and Detroit schedules on Wednesday night into Thursday morning.
- Couriers who ship samples to Jacksonville will send as normal.
- FedEx will not make pickups or deliveries on Thursday, Nov. 24.
- Mayo Couriers will not make pickups on Thursday, Nov. 24.
- Normal pickups and deliveries will resume Friday afternoon, Nov. 25.