Due to the Christmas holiday, recognized on Sunday, Dec. 25, and the New Year's holiday, recognized on Sunday, Jan. 1, Mayo Medical Laboratories' specimen pickup and delivery schedules will be altered. To ensure that your specimen vitality and turnaround times are not affected, plan ahead and note:
Clients who send referral test samples that we must forward should arrive prior to Friday (Dec. 23 and Dec. 30) or after Saturday (Dec. 24 and Dec. 31). Due to holiday interruptions with FedEx and UPS, these samples will be held and shipped on Tuesday (Dec. 27 and Jan. 3).
- FedEx shipments tendered on Friday (Dec. 23 and 30) and marked for Saturday delivery will arrive on Saturday (Dec. 24 and 31). With Christmas and New Year’s Day occurring on Sundays, FedEx will observe these holidays on the following Mondays and not resume flights until Tuesday evening, Jan. 3. This means that FedEx shipments tendered on Saturday (Dec. 24 and 31) will not be delivered until Wednesday (Dec. 28 or Jan. 4).
- Mayo couriers who ship via FedEx will not be making any pickups on Saturday, Dec. 24, or Dec. 31.
- Mayo couriers who pick up samples on Saturday and ship commercial (DL, AA, UA), will transport samples of all temperatures.
- Mayo couriers will not make pickups on Sunday, Dec. 25, or Jan 1.
- FedEx, UPS, and PaccAir (ND, SD, IL, and MI) will not provide service on Monday, Jan. 2.
- All clients who usually receive specimen pickup on Sunday will instead receive specimen pickup on Monday (Dec. 26 and Jan. 2).
- Couriers who ship samples to Jacksonville, FL, will use their commercial carrier, but all UPS shipments will be sent to Rochester.
- Regular courier pickup schedules will resume on Tuesday, Dec. 27, and Jan. 3.