Metal and Trace Element Testing [A Test in Focus]
Mayo Clinic’s metals laboratory performs 80+ tests, including:
- ALU - Aluminum, 24 Hour, Urine
- AL - Aluminum, Serum
- CDB - Cadmium, Blood
- CRS - Chromium, Serum
- COS - Cobalt, Serum
- CUT - Copper, Liver Tissue
- CUU - Copper, 24 Hour, Urine
- HMDB - Heavy Metals Screen with Demographics, Blood
- IODCU - Iodine/Creatinine Ratio, Random, Urine
- IOD - Iodine, Serum
- KIDST - Kidney Stone Analysis
- PBDV - Lead, Venous, with Demographics, Blood
- MNB - Manganese, Blood
- MNS - Manganese, Serum
- HG - Mercury, Blood
- SES - Selenium, Serum
- ZNS - Zinc, Serum
Mayo Clinic has one of the leading reference laboratories in the world that performs elemental analysis and metal testing for patients.
We routinely perform analysis for:
- Essential elements (e.g., selenium, copper, zinc, and iron) to diagnose deficiency or toxicity or as a marker for disease.
- Heavy metals (e.g., arsenic, lead, mercury, cadmium, and thallium) to diagnose toxicity.
- Trace elements (e.g., aluminum chromium, manganese, silver, nickel, cobalt, molybdenum, antimony, titanium, vanadium, platinum, iodine) to diagnose toxicity.
We also perform kidney stone analysis.
Acceptable Sample Types
- Whole Blood
- Liver Tissue
- Our Metals Laboratory has more than 30 years of clinical experience and a staff of 30 full-time employees.
- We operate 6 days/week, 2 shifts/day for fast turnaround times.