About the program
Mayo Clinic Laboratories is proud to collaborate with Biogen as part of the Amyloid βeta Confirmed Program. Participating providers will gain access to our advanced cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) evaluation at no cost* to help broaden access and improve care planning for patients being evaluated for mild cognitive impairment due to Alzheimer's disease or mild Alzheimer's disease dementia.
To learn more about the program, please visit the program site.
If you are already an Mayo Clinic Laboratories client, you can participate in the Amyloid βeta Confirmed Program using the steps below.
If you are new to working with us, you must first register with your contact and institution information.
Note: If you are unsure whether your institution already works with Mayo Clinic Laboratories, please contact 800-533-1710 or email@example.com to inquire.
All providers must first enroll in the Amyloid βeta Confirmed Program.
- Enroll in the program and receive a personalized program registration code.
- Store your registration code. This will be used for all orders placed through the program.
- This is a one-time step.
Note: If your registration code is ever lost, simply re-enroll and receive a new code.
Use the same system you normally use to place orders with Mayo Clinic Laboratories (MayoLINK®, MayoACCESS®, or your laboratory information system).
- Order Biogen Program, Alzheimer’s Disease Evaluation, Spinal Fluid (Mayo ID: ADBIO).
- Enter your registration code when prompted by the Ask at Order Entry (AOE) question.
- Be sure to complete all other AOE questions.
For paper orders, download Amyloid βeta Confirmed requisition form.
We require a specific polypropylene low-binding tube that has been shown to provide more accurate results for patients.
Patient preparation: For 12 hours before specimen collection do not take multivitamins or dietary supplements containing biotin (vitamin B7), which is commonly found in hair, skin, and nail supplements and multivitamins.
Specimen volume: 2 mL
- Perform lumbar puncture and discard the first 1 to 2 mL of CSF.
- Collect 2 mL of CSF directly into CSF AD Biomarker Tube. Do not aliquot. Analysis needs to be performed using collection tube.
Who do I contact for more information?
800-533-1710 or 507-266-5700 (available 24 hours)
Neurology at Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic’s top-ranked team of neurologists diagnoses and treats more than 100,000 adults and children each year, including those with complex or rare conditions.
The Mayo Clinic Department of Neurology is one of the largest and most comprehensive neurological practices in the world. It includes more than 200 subspecialized experts trained in epilepsy, movement disorders, dementias and other cognitive conditions, stroke and cerebrovascular diseases, neuro-oncology, multiple sclerosis and demyelinating disorders, autoimmune neurology, pediatric neurology, neurophysiology, headache, neuromuscular diseases, peripheral nerve, sleep neurology, and speech pathology.
Neurology testing is rapidly evolving with increasing numbers of clinically relevant biomarkers discovered each year. Our laboratory collaborates closely with the practice and is designed to offer the most complex, clinically validated testing. Our disease experts support health care professionals in test selection and result interpretation to ensure proper test utilization and the highest quality of care. These physicians are committed to research and discovery to pave the way for the future of neurology testing.
Additional Mayo Clinic Resources
* The Amyloid βeta Confirmed™ program will cover the cost of a CSF laboratory test only and does not cover the cost of the lumbar puncture procedure or any other related costs. Lumbar puncture may be covered by your patient’s insurance provider.
1. Mayo Clinic Unpublished Data.