Protected: Cardiology Training
Plasma Ceramides - Part 2
Presenters: Drs. Jeffrey Meeusen, Francisco Lopez-Jimenez, and Reijo Laaksonen
- Ceramides are a novel biomarker of lipid dysfunction, inflammation, thrombotic risk, and cardiac damage.
- Ceramides predict adverse cardiovascular events in primary and secondary prevention.
- Ceramides are treatable with statins and possibly PCSK9 inhibitors.
- Ceramides associate especially with major adverse events and cardiovascular death.
- Ceramides outperform all currently used lipid biomarkers.
- Ceramide score is an easy way to summarize ceramide concentrations and ratios.
Plasma Ceramides - Part 1
Presenter: Jeffrey Meeusen, Ph.D.
- Ceramides predict adverse CV events in patients with CAD.
- Ceramides are a modifiable risk marker (statin therapies significantly reduce ceramides).
- Research shows that ceramides outperform other common biomarkers in the prediction of CV death.
Presenter: Jill Nagel, P.A.-C.
- Provide a basic, high level overview of cardiology.
- Share a high level overview of cardiology disease states.