Coagulation Testing Quality Conference and Workshop
OCTOBER 5–7, 2016
Hyatt Regency Minneapolis / MINNEAPOLIS, MINNESOTA
In joint collaboration with:
- External Quality Assurance in Thrombosis and Hemostasis (EQATH)
This conference provides a unique international forum for communication and discussion of current issues in quality and standardization of coagulation diagnostic laboratory testing. Continued conference features include poster abstract presentations and “Breakfast-with-the-Experts” sessions. There will also be presentations by expert faculty on a wide range of topics, along with panel discussions and question-and-answer sessions. In addition, Friday’s agenda will focus on a case-based workshop with discussion of testing results obtained from differing testing reagents and instruments.
Upon completion of the conference, participants should be able to:
- Describe general and specific quality aspects of coagulation laboratory testing, including method validation, quality control, proficiency testing, and laboratory inspection review.
- Summarize results of selected recent national and international coagulation laboratory proficiency-testing program surveys.
- Provide examples of tools and processes for diagnostic laboratory quality assessment and improvement.
- Discuss updates on the complexities of testing for various common and rarer hemostatic disorders, including von Willebrand disease, lupus anticoagulants, factor VIII inhibitors, selected platelet disorders and other coagulopathies, and anticoagulant therapy-monitoring issues including newer and older agents.
Attendance at this Mayo conference does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures that may be discussed or taught in the courses.
This conference is designed for hematologists, pathologists, scientists, laboratory technologists, and professionals whose practices and interests include laboratory and clinical aspects of bleeding and prothrombotic disorders.