Comprehensive GI Testing for Children and Their Families
Not just results. Clinically actionable answers, delivered.
Mayo Clinic research becomes testing that elevates care—validated every day within the #1 GI practice in the nation
The Right Test, at the Right Time
Exclusive algorithms and actionable methods help you arrive at a definitive diagnosis sooner, cost-effectively
Mayo Clinic Tradition of Team Medicine
Expert interpretation of results and case review is available from top specialists and genetic counselors
Mayo Clinic Laboratories Test to Unmask LAL-D in Children and Young Adults
- Rule out other possible causes of liver disease
- Assist in early identification and treatment of genetic liver diseases to prevent terminal organ damage
- Limited, specific clinical findings
- The broad spectrum of disease presentation
- Significant overlap with more common diseases
- Features of LAL-D—including hepatic steatosis, elevated aminotransferases, and dyslipidemia— more often coexist with conditions like nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD), metabolic syndrome, and certain inherited dyslipidemias
Our Comprehensive Menu for Differentiation, Diagnosis, and Therapeutic Monitoring of Pediatric IBD Conditions:
- Identifies differences in IBD-related genes and immunodeficiency
- Distinguishes between ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease in patients with confirmed IBD
- Assesses liver condition using two diagnostic scores—liver fibrosis and liver inflammation—based on component tests for six biomarkers with a non-invasive, first-line test that minimizes discomfort for patients
Advanced through Mayo Clinic research
Sharpened by precision processes
Illuminated by unparalleled clinical expertise
Pediatric GI answers, delivered.
Order testing from Mayo Clinic Laboratories.