Originally posted on October 9;
Updated on November 6
Over the next several weeks, our valued clients will see the gradual implementation of our new brand name. Effective November 9, 2018, our business name will change from Mayo Medical Laboratories to Mayo Clinic Laboratories. The change to Mayo Clinic Laboratories will more accurately reflect the benefit we are able to bring to our clients every day, by letting them know that the expertise and teamwork of Mayo Clinic is behind each of our laboratory tests. We take pride in our ability to deliver more than just test results and be able to provide real answers for your patients, their families, and physicians.
Please note the following:
Business Filings and Contracts
- There is no change in ownership or staff.
- Our tax identification number, 41-1346366, is not changing. To request a copy of our W9, email email@example.com.
- Our company will continue to operate in its current structure, and your contacts will remain unchanged.
- No changes have been made to our banking account information and no updates are required.
- Any contracts you may currently have in place with Mayo Medical Laboratories will not be affected. An email was sent and web notification was posted on October 9 to fulfill contractual notification requirements.
Accreditation, Licensure, Permit, and Registrations
- Our Accreditation, Licensure, Permit, and Registration numbers are not changing.
- Our National Provider Identifier (NPI) standard number is not changing.
- No new configurations or changes to our information technology platforms will be made. The only change will be an update to the new logo and text references to the new brand name, such as the performing site message in our HL7 interface.
- You may need to update your systems and records to match the new business name.
- Web links referencing MayoMedicalLaboratories.com will continue to be operational.
- The transition to the new brand identity will be phased in over a number of months. Clients will continue to see the "Mayo Medical Laboratories" brand on supplies and other items as inventories are exhausted.
- Our new web address will go live in early December. However, all MayoMedicalLaboratories.com URLs will continue to work for at least one year.
We are committed to our business relationship with you and will continue to provide the best when it comes to your testing samples and results. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this change, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.