The research roundup provides an overview of the past week’s research from Mayo Clinic Laboratories consultants, including featured abstracts and a complete list of published studies and reviews.
Effects of Interatrial Shunt on Pulmonary Vascular Function in Heart Failure With Preserved Ejection Fraction.
Implantation of an interatrial shunt device (IASD) in patients with heart failure (HF) reduces left atrial hypertension by shunting oxygenated blood to the right heart and lungs. The attendant increases in pulmonary blood flow (Qp) and oxygen content may alter pulmonary vascular function, while left-to-right shunting might compromise systemic perfusion. Via Journal of the American College of Cardiology.
Published to PubMed This Week
- Working Up Group 4 Equivocal HER2 Samples Tested by Fluorescence in Situ Hybridization in a Reference Laboratory Setting: Past, Present, and Future.
Journal of Clinical Oncology
- B-Cell Prolymphocytic Leukemia Has 3 Subsets.
- Rapid Generation of Sustainable HER2-specific T Cell Immunity in HER2 Breast Cancer Patients Using A Degenerate HLA Class II Epitope Vaccine.
Clinical Cancer Research
- Discovery of An Arsenic and Mercury Co-Elevation in the Midwest United States Using Reference Laboratory Data.
- Early vs. Delayed In-Hospital Cardiac Arrest Complicating ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction Receiving Primary Percutaneous Coronary Intervention.
- The Role of DNA Damage as a Therapeutic Target in Autosomal Dominant Polycystic Kidney Disease.
Expert Review in Molecular Medicine
- The Impact of Sample Processing on Inflammatory Markers in Serum: Lessons Learned.
World Journal of Biology and Psychiatry
- Multiplex Testing for the Screening of Lysosomal Storage Disease in Urine: Sulfatides and Glycosaminoglycan Profiles in 40 cases of Sulfatiduria.
Molecular Genetics of Metabolism
- Clinical Impact of Celiac Ganglia Metastasis Upon Pancreatic Ductal Adenocarcinoma.
- Unicuspid Aortic Valve: Demographics, Comorbidities, Echocardiographic Features, and Long-Term Outcomes.
- The Association of Anxiety and Depression with Perioperative and Oncologic Outcomes Among Patients with Clear Cell Renal Cell Carcinoma Undergoing Nephrectomy.
Urology and Oncology