The research roundup provides an overview of the past week’s research from Mayo Clinic Laboratories consultants, including featured abstracts and a complete list of published studies and reviews.
Patients with MS (n=16) and controls (n=80) matched for age, sex and APOE ε4 status from the population-based Mayo Clinic Study of Aging who underwent PiB PET imaging were studied. Of these individuals, 12 patients with MS and 60 matching controls also underwent AV1451 tau PET. Cortical PiB and AV1451 standard uptake value ratios (SUVr) from the entire cortex and previously determined Alzheimer's disease (AD) signature regions in the same population were calculated for group comparisons and testing for associations with age. Via Annals of Neurology.
Published to PubMed This Week
- Autoimmune Psychosis.
The Lacent. Psychiatry
- Kidney Structural Features from Living Donors Predict Graft Failure in the Recipient.
Journal of the American Neurology
- TSLP and IL-33 Reciprocally Promote Each Other's Lung Protein Expression and ILC2 Receptor Expression to Enhance Innate Type-2 Airway Inflammation.
- The Role of 18F-FDG-PET in Detecting Richter's Transformation of Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia in Patients Receiving Therapy with a B-cell Receptor Inhibitor.
- The Significance of Genetic Mutations and Their Prognostic Impact on Patients with Incidental Finding of Isolated del(20q) in Bone Marrow without Morphologic Evidence of a Myeloid Neoplasm.
Blood Cancer Journal
- Genetic Factors in Acute Myeloid Leukemia With Myelodysplasia-Related Changes.
American Journal of Clinical Pathology
- Histologic Findings in Vitreoretinal Lymphoma: Learning From Enucleation Specimens.
- Defining Clear Cell Papillary Renal Cell Carcinoma in Routine Clinical Practice.
- Impact of Marrow Blasts Percentage on High-Grade Myelodysplastic Syndrome Assessed Using Revised International Prognostic Scoring System.
Annals in Hematology
- A Case of Cystoisospora (Isospora) belli Infection With Multiple Life Stages Identified on Endoscopic Small Bowel Biopsies.
International Journal of Surgical Pathology
- Hb F-Wentzville [Gγ24(B6)Gly→Glu; HBG2: c.74G>A, p.Gly25Glu]: An Unstable Gγ-Globin Variant Associated with Neonatal Hemolytic Anemia.
- Neuropathologic Changes in Sudden Unexplained Death in Childhood.
Journal of Neuropathology and Experimental Neurology
- Utility of Serum Free Light Chain Ratio in Response Definition in Patients with Multiple Myeloma.