The research roundup provides an overview of the past week’s research from Mayo Clinic Laboratories consultants, including featured abstracts and a complete list of published studies and reviews.
Hippocampal Avoidance During Whole-Brain Radiotherapy Plus Memantine for Patients With Brain Metastases: Phase III Trial NRG Oncology CC001.
This phase III trial enrolled adult patients with brain metastases to HA-WBRT plus memantine or WBRT plus memantine. The primary end point was time to cognitive function failure, defined as decline using the reliable change index on at least one of the cognitive tests. Secondary end points included overall survival (OS), intracranial progression-free survival (PFS), toxicity, and patient-reported symptom burden. Via Journal of Clinical Oncology.
Published to PubMed This Week
- Spectrum of Abnormalities and Clonal Transformation in Germline RUNX1 Familial Platelet Disorder and a Genomic Comparative Analysis with Somatic RUNX1 Mutations in MDS/MPN Overlap Neoplasms.
- The DNA Cytosine Deaminase APOBEC3B is a Molecular Determinant of Platinum Responsiveness in Clear Cell Ovarian Cancer.
Clinical Cancer Research
- Clostridioides Difficile Whole Genome Sequencing Differentiates Relapse with the Same Strain from Reinfection with a New Strain.
- Regional Variation in the Management and Outcomes of Acute Myocardial Infarction With Cardiogenic Shock in the United States.
Circulation. Heart Failure
- A Practical Approach for the Management of the Mixed Opioid Agonist-Antagonist Buprenorphine During Acute Pain and Surgery.
Mayo Clinic Proceedings
- Optimizing Whole Brain Radiation Therapy Dose and Fractionation: Results From a Prospective Phase 3 Trial (NCCTG N107C [Alliance]/CEC.3).
International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology, and Physics
- Autoimmune Encephalitis Management: MS Centers and Beyond.
- The Challenge that Chlorine Presented During the Development of A Benzodiazepine Assay.
- Natriuretic Peptides to Predict Short-Term Mortality in Patients With Sepsis: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis.
Mayo Clinical Proceedings
- Educational Case: ALK-Negative Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma.
- Beware of Reversal of an Anticoagulated Patient with Factor IX in the Emergency Department: Case Report of a Medical-Legal Misadventure.
Clinical Practice Cases in Emerging Medicine