Mayo Clinic Laboratory and Pathology Research Roundup: April 13
The research roundup provides an overview of the past week’s research from Mayo Clinic Laboratories consultants, including featured abstracts and a complete list of published studies and reviews.
Long-Term Remission, Relapses and Maintenance Therapy in Adult Primary Central Nervous System Vasculitis: A Single-Center 35-Year Experience.
To evaluate long-term treatment and outcomes of patients with primary central nervous system vasculitis (PCNSV). In this cohort of 191 consecutive patients with PCNSV seen at Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, over 35 years with long-term follow-up we analyzed response to and duration of therapy, frequency of relapses, long-term remission, efficacy of maintenance therapy and initial intravenous glucocorticoid (GC) pulses, survival and degree of disability. We also compared the efficacy of initial IV and oral cyclophosphamide (CYC). Via Autoimmunity Review.
Published to PubMed This Week
- Report from the American Society for Microbiology COVID-19 International Summit, 23 March 2020: Value of Diagnostic Testing for SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19.
- Unique Clinical Significance of the Cribriform-Morular Variant of Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma.
Mayo Clinic Proceedings
- Accelerated osteocyte senescence and skeletal fragility in mice with type 2 diabetes.
- WHO defined chronic eosinophilic leukemia, not otherwise specified (CEL, NOS): A contemporary series from the Mayo Clinic.
American Journal of Hematology
- Hypochlorous Acid-Generating Electrochemical Scaffold Eliminates Candida albicans Biofilms.
Journal of Applied Microbiology
- Uterine Inflammatory Myofibroblastic Tumor Involving Decidua of the Extraplacental Membranes: Report of a Case with a TIMP3-ROS1 Gene Fusion.
- Functional expression of ZNF467 and PCBP2 supports adipogenic lineage commitment in adipose-derived mesenchymal stem cells.
- ENGINE: a Phase III randomized placebo controlled study of enzastaurin/R-CHOP as frontline therapy in high-risk diffuse large B-cell lymphoma patients with the genomic biomarker DGM1.
Future of Oncology
- CIC-rearranged undifferentiated round cell sarcoma metastatic to the brain treated with surgery and stereotactic radiosurgery: Case report.
World of Neurosurgery
- Surgery for Mesothelioma After Radiation Therapy (SMART); A Single Institution Experience.