Holiday Specimen Shipment
Due to the Labor Day holiday (recognized on Monday, September 7), Mayo Clinic Laboratories' specimen pickup and delivery schedules will be altered. To ensure that your specimen vitality and turnaround times are not affected, plan ahead and note:
- FedEx boxes tendered on Friday, Sept 4 will be delivered Saturday, Sept 5. Rochester inbound FedEx shipments tendered on Saturday, Sept 5 are scheduled to arrive Sunday evening, Sept 6, although FedEx does not guarantee this delivery. If a box does not arrive on this special Sunday PM delivery, it will instead arrive on Tuesday, Sept 8. Due to this potential delay, MCL suggests that frozen samples be held at our clients' facilities on Saturday.
- The commercial airline business has been adversely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Our weekend logistics program continues to struggle due to limited flights and closed cargo facilities. Recent flight options have become available in Boston, Detroit, New York, Houston and Atlanta.
- UPS boxes tendered on Saturday, Sept 5 will be delivered on Tuesday, Sept 8.
- Couriers who ship samples to Jacksonville by FedEx on Saturday, Sept 5, will instead send refrigerated and ambient samples to Rochester. Saturday ground routes will deliver to Mayo Jacksonville as normal.
- FedEx and UPS will not make pickups or deliveries on Monday, Sept 7.
- Normal courier/carrier pickup and delivery schedules will resume Tuesday afternoon, Sept 8.