Memorial Day Specimen Shipment Alert
Due to the Memorial Day holiday (recognized on Monday, May 31), Mayo Clinic Laboratories' specimen pickup and delivery schedules will be altered. To ensure that your specimen vitality and turnaround times are not affected, plan ahead and note:
Courier/Carrier schedules for the Memorial Day holiday are as follows:
- FedEx boxes tendered on Friday, May 28 will be delivered Saturday, May 29. Rochester domestic inbound FedEx shipments tendered on Saturday, May 29 are scheduled to arrive Sunday evening, May 30, although FedEx does not guarantee this delivery. If a box does not arrive on this special Sunday PM delivery, it will instead arrive on Tuesday, June 1. Due to this potential delay, MCL suggests that “Saturday FedEx tendered Frozen samples” be held at our Client’s facility until Tuesday’s pickup.
- A special note concerning FedEx and Saturday shipping. With FedEx’s current inconsistent on-time delivery stats, we will convert as many May 29 Saturday FedEx shippers to Commercial alternates (Delta, American & United Airlines). Contact your Global Logistics Specialist for specifics.
- Saturday’s Commercial Airline usage will be as robust as we can make it, including normal Sat. shippers plus converted FedEx routes sending by Delta, United and American Airlines. Sunday’s Commercial usage is still limited due to Covid-19 related cutbacks, but we will utilize these flights wherever the opportunity exists.
- UPS boxes tendered on Saturday, May 29 will be delivered on Tuesday, June 1. We discourage any Saturday Domestic UPS shipments.
- Couriers who ship samples to Jacksonville by FedEx on Saturday May 29, will instead send refrigerated and ambient samples to Rochester. Saturday commercial and ground routes will deliver to Mayo Jacksonville as normal. Sunday commercial work will ship as normal.
- FedEx and UPS will not make pickups or deliveries on Monday, May 31.
- Mayo Couriers will not make pickups on Monday, May 31.
- Normal courier/carrier pickup and delivery schedules will resume Tuesday afternoon, June 1.