Independence Day Specimen Shipment Alert
Due to the Independence Day holiday, Mayo Clinic Laboratories' specimen pickup and delivery schedules will be altered. To ensure that your specimen vitality and turnaround times are not affected, plan ahead and note:
Courier/Carrier schedules for the Independence Day holiday are as follows:
- FedEx boxes tendered on Friday, July 2 will be delivered Saturday, July 3. Rochester domestic inbound FedEx shipments tendered on Saturday, July 3 are scheduled to arrive Sunday evening, July 4, although FedEx does not guarantee this delivery. If a box does not arrive on this special Sunday PM delivery, it will instead arrive on Tuesday, July 6. Due to this potential delay, MCL suggests that “Saturday FedEx tendered Frozen samples” be held at our Client’s facility until Tuesday’s pickup.
- A special note concerning FedEx and Saturday shipping. With FedEx’s current inconsistent on-time delivery stats, we will convert as many July 3 Saturday FedEx shippers to Commercial alternates (Delta, American & United Airlines). Contact the responsible Global Logistics Specialist for specifics.
- Saturday’s Commercial Airline usage will be as robust as we can make it, including normal Sat. shippers plus converted FedEx routes sending by Delta, United and American Airlines.
- UPS boxes tendered on Saturday, July 3 will be delivered on Tuesday, July 6. We discourage any Saturday Domestic UPS shipments.
- Couriers who ship samples to Jacksonville by FedEx on Saturday July 3, will instead send refrigerated and ambient samples to Rochester. Saturday commercial and ground routes will deliver to Mayo Jacksonville as normal.
- Mayo Couriers will not make pickups on Sunday, July 4.
- FedEx and UPS will not make pickups or deliveries on Monday, July 5. Because of this FedEx/UPS shutdown, only ground routes, routes that can be converted to a commercial carrier or routes that fly an ASG flight will run their Monday route. Contact the responsible Global Logistics Specialist for specifics.
- Normal courier/carrier pickup and delivery schedules will resume Tuesday afternoon, July 6.