Due to the Christmas and New Year's holiday's (recognized on Saturday, December 25th, and Saturday, January 1st ), Mayo Clinic Laboratories' specimen pickup and delivery schedules will be altered. To ensure that your specimen vitality and turnaround times are not affected, plan ahead and note:
Courier/Carrier schedules for the Christmas and New Year's holiday's are as follows:
- 12/17/21 Update: Because of the extended transit times via commercial carriers, MCL couriers whose only option is to ship via FedEx or UPS will not make pickups on the observed Federal Holidays Friday December 24 and 31. FedEx announced that any shipments tendered on Friday, Dec 24 & Dec 31 for both MCL RST & MCL JAX will not be delivered until the following Monday or Tuesday. This was expected and is standard practice for UPS.
- FedEx and UPS shipments tendered on Friday, Dec 24 & Dec 31 for both MCL RST & MCL JAX will be delivered Monday, Dec 27 & Jan 3. Because of the long duration between tender and arrival (60 hours), MCL suggests that “Friday FedEx tendered Frozen samples and time sensitive samples” be held at our Client’s facility until Monday pickup.
- Especially on Christmas Eve – our clients should prepare for earlier pickups by FedEx, UPS and MCL couriers who need to meet early closures at their designated Express Shipper Location.
- The Commercial Airline industry continues to be affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. We will attempt to adjust as many routes as possible to commercial uplift on Dec 24 & Dec 31. Please consult with your Global Logistics Specialist for details.
- Aviation Solutions Group (ASG) will run as normal on Friday evening into Saturday morning from the Dakotas, Chicago and east coast region.
- Couriers who ship samples via FedEx, UPS and commercial to MCL JAX on Thursday Dec 23 & Dec 30 will ship them to MCL RST, MCL JAX will be closed Dec 24 & Dec 31. Ground routes to MCL JAX on Dec 23 & Dec 30 will do so as normal.
- FedEx and UPS will not make pickups or deliveries on Saturday, Dec 25 & Jan 1.
- Mayo Couriers will not make pickups on Saturday, Dec 25 & Jan 1. unless pre-arranged.
- Normal courier pickups will resume Sunday Dec 26 & Jan 2.