Due to the Labor Day holiday (recognized on Monday, September 5th), Mayo Clinic Laboratories' specimen pickup and delivery schedules will be altered. To ensure that your specimen vitality and turnaround times are not affected, plan ahead and note:
Courier/Carrier schedules for the Labor Day holiday are as follows:
- FedEx boxes tendered on Friday, September 2will be delivered Saturday, September 3. MCL Rochester domestic inbound FedEx shipments tendered on Saturday, September 3 are scheduled to arrive Sunday evening, September 4, although FedEx does not guarantee this delivery. If a box does not arrive on this special Sunday PM delivery, it will instead arrive on Tuesday, September 6. Due to this potential delay, MCL suggests the following:
- “Saturday FedEx tendered Frozen samples and temperature sensitive samples” be held at our client’s facility until Tuesday’s pickup. *Note – The Sunday special run is for berry colored boxes only. All non- berry colored boxes, e.g. Critical Ambient Shippers, will deliver Tuesday, September 6.
- “Saturday FedEx tendered Refrigerate samples” be packed with an extra frozen cool pack to extend stability.
- Saturday and Sunday Commercial Airline usage should see no changes. This will remain the same as the non-holiday weekends.
- UPS boxes tendered on Saturday, September 3 will be delivered on Tuesday, September 6. We discourage any Saturday Domestic UPS shipments.
- Couriers who ship samples to MCL Jacksonville by FedEx on Saturday September 3, will instead send refrigerated and ambient samples to MCL Rochester. Saturday commercial and ground routes will deliver to MCL Jacksonville as normal.
- Pickups will be made as normal on Sunday, September 4. ALL samples will be sent to MCL Rochester due to MCL Jacksonville being closed September 5.
- FedEx and UPS will not make pickups or deliveries on Monday, September 5.
- Mayo Couriers will not make pickups on Monday, September 5.
- Normal courier/carrier pickup and delivery schedules will resume Tuesday, September 6.