Due to the Thanksgiving holiday (recognized on Thursday, November 24th), Mayo Clinic Laboratories' specimen pickup and delivery schedules will be altered. To ensure that your specimen vitality and turnaround times are not affected, plan ahead and note:
Courier/Carrier schedules for the Thanksgiving holiday are as follows:
- FedEx and UPS shipments tendered on Wednesday, Nov. 23rd will be delivered Friday, Nov. 25th. Because of moderate outdoor temperatures, we will have our MCL couriers’ pickup samples of all temperatures. Couriers have been instructed to pack all frozen coolers tendering to FedEx and UPS with extra ice as they will have to withstand a two-day trip.
- Both MCL Rochester and MCL Jacksonville will be operating as normal on Friday Nov.25th. Couriers who ship samples to Jacksonville via ground on Wednesday Nov. 23rd will do so as normal. Couriers who ship samples to Jacksonville via commercial airlines on Wednesday Nov. 23rd will be instructed to send to Rochester.
- Aviation Solutions Group (ASG) will run as normal on Wednesday evenings from the Dakotas, Chicago, and East coast region.
- FedEx and UPS will not make pickups or deliveries on Thursday, Nov. 24th.
- Mayo Couriers will not make pickups on Thursday, Nov. 24th.
- Normal courier/carrier pickup and delivery schedules will resume on Friday, Nov. 25th.