Memorial Day, observed on Monday, May 29, is a U.S. national holiday. To ensure that your specimen vitality and turnaround time are not affected, plan ahead and note the following courier/carrier schedules for the Memorial Day holiday:
- FedEx shipments tendered on Friday, May 26, will be delivered Saturday, May 27. FedEx shipments tendered on Saturday, May 27, are scheduled to arrive Sunday evening, May 28, although FedEx does not guarantee this delivery. If a box is not part of the Sunday evening FedEx delivery, it will instead arrive on Tuesday morning, May 30.
- Due to specimen stability issues, Saturday couriers who ship by FedEx have been instructed to ask clients to please hold their frozen samples until Tuesday’s pickup. If a client chooses to send frozen specimen, the courier will pack the client's styro full of dry ice.
- Mayo couriers who routinely make pickups on Saturday and/or Sunday and use commercial airlines (Delta, American, and United), will run as normal.
- Couriers who ship samples to Jacksonville on Saturday by FedEx, will instead send all samples to Rochester. Couriers who ship samples to JAX on Saturday by commercial airlines will ship as normal. Couriers who normally ship samples to JAX on Sunday will instead send all work to MSP by Delta Airlines.
- FedEx and UPS will not make pickups or deliveries on Monday, May 29.
- Mayo couriers will not make pickups on Monday, May 29.
- Normal courier/carrier pickup and delivery will resume Tuesday afternoon, May 30.