Due to the Labor Day holiday (observed Monday, September 4, in the United States) Mayo Medical Laboratories' specimen pickup and delivery schedules will be altered. To ensure that your specimen vitality and turnaround time are not affected, plan ahead and note:
- FedEx shipments tendered on Friday, September 1, will be delivered Saturday, September 2. FedEx shipments tendered on Saturday, September 2, are scheduled to arrive Sunday evening, September 3, although FedEx does not guarantee this delivery. If a box is not part of the Sunday evening FedEx delivery, it will instead arrive on Tuesday morning, September 5.
- Due to specimen-stability issues, Saturday couriers who ship by FedEx have been instructed to ask clients to please hold their frozen samples until Tuesday. If a client chooses to send frozen specimens, the courier will pack the styro full of dry ice.
- Mayo couriers who routinely make pickups on Saturday and/or Sunday and use commercial airlines (Delta, American, and United) will run as usual.
- Jacksonville routes: Couriers who ship samples to Jacksonville, Florida, on Saturday by FedEx, will instead send all samples to Rochester. Couriers who ship samples to Jacksonville on Saturday by commercial airlines will ship as usual to "JAX." Sunday samples will be sent to "MSP."
- FedEx and UPS will not make pickups or deliveries on Monday, September 4.
- Mayo couriers will not make pickups on Monday, September 4.
- Regular courier/carrier pickup and delivery schedules will resume Tuesday afternoon, September 5.