Holiday Specimen Shipment Alert
By Mayo Clinic Laboratories • December 18, 2017
Due to the Christmas holiday (recognized on Monday, December 25) and the New Year's holiday (recognized on Monday, January 1), Mayo Medical Laboratories' (MML's) specimen pickup and delivery schedules will be altered. To ensure that your specimen vitality and turnaround times are not affected, plan ahead and note:
- FedEx shipments tendered on Friday (December 22 and 29) will be delivered Saturday morning. Samples shipped on Saturday (December 23 and 30) and packed in a MML Berry Box, should be delivered on Sunday night (December 24 and 31). If a box misses the Sunday PM delivery, it will instead be received on Tuesday morning (December 26 and January 2). Because of favorable outdoor temperatures, we will have our Saturday MML FedEx couriers pick up samples of all temperatures.
- FedEx has warned us of early closures on Friday (December 22 and 29) and Saturday (December 23 and 30) before the holiday. Couriers and clients must inquire in advance and adjust their hours accordingly.
- Delta, American, and United Airlines cargo counters also observe holiday hours, so couriers must inquire in advance and adjust routes accordingly, after relaying information to our clients.
- PACC-AIR will maintain regular North Dakota, South Dakota, Chicago, and Detroit schedules on Friday night into Saturday morning.
- Couriers who ship samples to Mayo in Jacksonville (MCJ), Florida, will send as normal on Friday. Saturday ground work will be driven to MCJ. Saturday commercial, Saturday FedEx, and Sunday commercial work will all be shipped to MML in Rochester.
- FedEx and UPS will not make pickups or deliveries on Monday, December 25 and January 1.
- Mayo couriers will not make pickups on Monday, December 25 and January 1.
- Regular pickup and deliveries will resume on Tuesday, December 26 and January 2.