Allan Jaffe, M.D., a cardiologist and Professor of Cardiology at Mayo Clinic provides an overview of this testing available through Mayo Medical Laboratories. He discusses the highlights of the new assay, research supporting the use of high-sensitivity troponin T, and applications for use in a more chronic setting.
When to Order
This test is useful for:
- Aiding in the exclusion of the diagnosis of acute coronary syndrome in a single plasma specimen.
- Aiding in the diagnosis of acute coronary syndrome.
- Monitoring acute coronary syndromes and estimating prognosis.
- Possible utility in monitoring patients with nonischemic causes of cardiac injury.
- Plasma Li Heparin
Preferred: Lithium heparin gel
Acceptable: Lithium heparin
Submission Container/Tube: Plastic vial
Specimen Volume: 1 mL
1. Lithium heparin gel tubes should be centrifuged within 2 hours of collection.
2. Plasma from lithium heparin tubes should be centrifuged and aliquoted within 2 hours of collection.
How to Order
Many hospitals across the country have already established an account with Mayo Medical Laboratories. Please click the links below to register for an account, sign in, or to request an MML representative contact you to discuss your current account status and ordering options.
Registration for an account takes less than 10 minutes, and new accounts are typically processed and available in one business day. Once registered, sign in and locate the test in the Test Catalog and click the "Order This Test" button. Follow the prompts to provide billing and contact information. Print the test requisition form to ship with the specimen.