Due to the Labor Day holiday (observed Monday, September 3, in the United States) Mayo Medical Laboratories' specimen pickup and delivery schedules will be altered. To ensure that your specimen vitality and turnaround time are not affected, plan ahead and note:
- FedEx shipments tendered on Friday, August 31, will be delivered Saturday, September 1. FedEx shipments tendered on Saturday are scheduled to arrive Sunday evening, September 2, although FedEx does not guarantee this delivery. If a box is not part of the Sunday evening FedEx delivery, it will instead arrive on Tuesday morning, September 4.
- Due to specimen stability issues, Saturday couriers who ship by FedEx have been instructed to ask clients to please hold their frozen samples until Tuesday’s pickup. If a client chooses to send frozen specimen, the courier will accommodate and pack their "styro" full of dry ice.
- Mayo couriers who routinely make pickups on Saturday and/or Sunday and utilize commercial airlines (Delta, American, and United) will run as usual.
- Couriers who regularly ship samples to Jacksonville on Saturday or Sunday will instead send all work to Rochester.
- FedEx and UPS will not make pickups or deliveries on Monday, September 3.
- Mayo couriers will not make pickups on Monday, September 3.
- Regular courier/carrier pickup and delivery will resume Tuesday afternoon, September 4.