Thanksgiving Specimen Shipment Alert
By Mayo Clinic Laboratories • November 13, 2018
Due to the Thanksgiving holiday in the United States (recognized on Thursday, November 22), the Mayo Clinic Laboratories (MCL) specimen pickup and delivery schedule will be altered. To ensure that your specimen vitality and turnaround time are not affected, plan ahead and note the following:
- FedEx shipments tendered on Wednesday, November 21, will be delivered on Friday, November 23. Because of moderate outdoor temperatures, we will have our MCL couriers pick up samples of all temperatures. Couriers have been instructed to pack all frozen coolers with extra dry ice as they will have a two-day trip.
- Delta Airlines will run as usual on Wednesday and Thursday, though airports will be congested with holiday travelers.
- ProAire will maintain regular North Dakota, South Dakota, Chicago, and Detroit schedules on Wednesday night into Thursday morning.
- All New England MCL couriers will consolidate Wednesday’s samples and ship early Thursday morning by Delta Airlines.
- Couriers who send samples to Jacksonville will ship as usual.
- FedEx and UPS will not make pickups or deliveries on Thursday, November 22.
- Mayo couriers will not make pickups on Thursday, November 22.
- Regular pickup and deliveries will resume Friday, November 23.