Due to the Christmas holiday (recognized on Tuesday, December 25) and the New Year's holiday (recognized on Tuesday, January 1), Mayo Clinic Laboratories' specimen pickup and delivery schedules will be altered. To ensure that your specimen vitality and turnaround times are not affected, plan ahead and note:
- FedEx boxes tendered on Friday (December 21 and 28) will be delivered Saturday (if marked Saturday Delivery). Samples shipped on Saturday (December 22 and 29) will arrive Sunday night (December 23 and 30) or Monday morning (December 24 and 31), while Monday tenders will arrive on Wednesday morning (December 26 and January 2). Because of cooler outdoor temperatures, we will have our MCL couriers pick up samples of all temperatures on all days. Monday routes will include extra ice as they will incur a two-day trip.
- Delta Airline flights will run as usual throughout the holiday, but many cargo facilities will close early on Monday and reduce Tuesday hours. Flight availability will be case by case, depending on cargo hours.
- ProAire will maintain regular North Dakota, South Dakota, Chicago, and Detroit schedules on Monday night and will close on Tuesday.
- All New England MCL couriers will consolidate Monday’s samples and ship early Tuesday morning by Delta Airlines. BOS will open at 4 a.m. Tuesday morning for our 0540 Delta flight.
- PACC-AIR will maintain regular North Dakota, South Dakota, Chicago, and Detroit schedules on Friday night into Saturday morning.
- Couriers who send samples to Jacksonville will ship as usual. Monday’s Ground and Commercial work will deliver Monday night; FedEx and UPS will deliver Wednesday morning.
- FedEx and UPS will not make pickups or deliveries on Tuesday, December 25, and Tuesday, January 1.
- Mayo couriers will not make pickups on Tuesday, December 25, and Tuesday, January 1.
- Regular pickup and delivery schedules will resume on Wednesday, December 26, and Wednesday, January 2.