Mayo Clinic Laboratory and Pathology Research Roundup: April 29
The Research Roundup provides an overview of the past week’s research from Mayo Clinic Laboratories consultants, including featured abstracts and a complete list of published studies and reviews.
Fibrillary glomerulonephritis (FGN) is a rare glomerular disease. Kidney biopsy is required to establish the diagnosis. Recent studies have identified abundant glomerular deposition of DNAJB9 as a unique histological marker of FGN. We developed an immunoprecipitation-based multiple reaction monitoring method to measure serum levels of DNAJB9. We detected a 4-fold higher abundance of serum DNAJB9 in FGN patients when compared to controls, including patients with other glomerular diseases. Serum DNAJB9 levels were also negatively associated with estimated glomerular filtration rate in patients with FGN. Serum DNAJB9 levels accurately predicted FGN with moderate sensitivity (67%) and with high specificity (98%) and positive and negative predictive value (89% and 95%, respectively). A receiver operating curve analysis demonstrated an AUC of 0.958. These results suggest that serum levels of DNAJB9 could be a valuable marker to predict FGN, with the potential to complement kidney biopsy for the diagnosis of FGN.
Published to PubMed This Week
- Detection of Extranodal and Spleen Involvement by FDG-PET Imaging Predicts Adverse Survival in Untreated Follicular Lymphoma
American Journal of Hematology
- Cyclooxygenase-2 and Cytosolic Phospholipase A2 Are Overexpressed in Mucinous Pancreatic Cysts
Clinical and Translational Gastroenterology
- A Practical Guide to Test Blueprinting
- Robotic Complete Excision of Sacrocolpopexy Mesh. Standardized Technique
Journal of Minimally Invasive Gynecology
- The Value of Structured Radiology Reports to Categorize Intracranial Metastases Following Radiation Therapy
The Neuroradiology Journal
- Impact of an Electronic Decision Support Rule on ESR/CRP Co-Ordering Rates in a Community Health System and Projected Impact in the Tertiary Care Setting and a Commercially Insured Population
- Recommendations of Active Surveillance for Intermediate-Risk Prostate Cancer: Results from a National Survey of Radiation Oncologists and Urologists
European Urology Oncology
- Characterization of a Cryptic IGH/CCND1 Rearrangement in a Case of Mantle Cell Lymphoma with Negative CCND1 FISH Studies
- Hyaline Fibrous Involution of Breast Lobules: A Histologic Finding Associated with Germline BRCA Mutation
- JAK2/PD-L1/PD-L2 (9p24.1) Amplifications in Renal Cell Carcinomas with Sarcomatoid Transformation: Implications for Clinical Management
- Clopidogrel Pharmacogenomics
Circulation: Cardiovascular Intervention.