The Research Roundup provides an overview of the past week’s research from Mayo Clinic Laboratories consultants, including featured abstracts and a complete list of published studies and reviews.
Cytogenetic Clonal Evolution in Myeloproliferative Neoplasms: Contexts and Prognostic Impact Among 648 Patients with Serial Bone Marrow Biopsies
Karyotype is diagnostically and prognostically essential in patients with myeloproliferative neoplasms (MPN); cytogenetic abnormalities occur in approximately a third of patients with primary myelofibrosis (PMF) and 5–20% of those with essential thrombocythemia (ET) or polycythemia vera (PV). “Abnormal” karyotype in PV and “unfavorable” or “very high risk (VHR)” karyotype in
PMF have been associated with inferior survival.
Published to PubMed This Week
- Cationic Carrier Peptide Enhances Cerebrovascular Targeting of Nanoparticles in Alzheimer's Disease Brain
Nanomedicine: Nanotechnology, Biology, and Medicine
- Leiomyoma with KAT6B-KANSL1 Fusion: Case Report of a Rapidly Enlarging Uterine Mass in a Postmenopausal Woman
- Accuracy of Self-Reported Cancer Treatment Data in Young Breast Cancer Survivors
Journal of Patient-Reported Outcomes
- Mitochondrial Cerebellar Ataxia, Renal Failure, Neuropathy, and Encephalopathy (MCARNE)
- Early Podocyte Injury and Elevated Levels of Urinary Podocyte-Derived Extracellular Vesicles in Swine with Metabolic Syndrome: Role of Podocyte Mitochondria
American Journal of Physiology. Renal Physiology.
- Endemic Bot Fly Larvae Infection in Northern New York State