The Research Roundup provides an overview of the past week’s research from Mayo Clinic Laboratories consultants, including featured abstracts and a complete list of published studies and reviews.
Joint Association of Mammographic Density Adjusted for Age and Body Mass Index and Polygenic Risk Score with Breast Cancer Risk
Mammographic breast density, adjusted for age and body mass index, and a polygenic risk score (PRS), comprised of common genetic variation, are both strong risk factors for breast cancer and increase discrimination of risk models. Understanding their joint contribution will be important to more accurately predicting risk.
Published to PubMed This Week
- Ultrastaging of Negative Pelvic Lymph Nodes to Decrease the True Prevalence of Isolated Paraaortic Dissemination in Endometrial Cancer
- Metaplastic Breast Cancer Has a Poor Response to Neoadjuvant Systemic Therapy
Breast Cancer Research and Treatment
- Yersinia kristensenii Subsp. rochesterensis Subsp. Nov., Isolated from Human Feces
International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology
- Does Argininosuccinate Synthase 1 (ASS1) Immunohistochemistry Predict an Increased Risk of Hemorrhage for Hepatocellular Adenomas?
Applied Immunohistochemistry & Molecular Morphology
- Micropapillary Adenocarcinoma of Lung: Morphological Criteria and Diagnostic Reproducibility Among Pulmonary Pathologists
Annals of Diagnostic Pathology
- Magnetic Resonance Elastography of Liver in Light Chain Amyloidosis
Journal of Clinical Medicine
- Potential Influence of IDH1 Mutation and MGMT Gene Promoter Methylation on Glioma-Related Preoperative Seizures and Postoperative Seizure Control
- Impact of Metformin use on the Outcomes of Newly Diagnosed Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma and Follicular Lymphoma
British Journal of Haematology
- Phase I-II Trial of Imatinib Mesylate (Gleevec; STI571) in Treatment of Recurrent Oligodendroglioma and Mixed Oligoastrocytoma
Journal of Neuro-Oncology