The research roundup provides an overview of the past week’s research from Mayo Clinic Laboratories consultants, including featured abstracts and a complete list of published studies and reviews.
Mass Cytometry Dissects T Cell Heterogeneity in the Immune Tumor Microenvironment of Common Dysproteinemias at Diagnosis and After First Line Therapies
Dysproteinemias progress through a series of clonal evolution events in the tumor cell along with the development of a progressively more "permissive" immune tumor microenvironment (iTME). Novel multiparametric cytometry approaches, such as cytometry by time-of-flight (CyTOF) combined with novel gating algorithms can rapidly characterize previously unknown phenotypes in the iTME of tumors and better capture its heterogeneity. Here, we used a 33-marker CyTOF panel to characterize the iTME of dysproteinemia patients (MGUS, multiple myeloma-MM, smoldering MM, and AL amyloidosis) at diagnosis and after standard of care first line therapies (triplet induction chemotherapy and autologous stem cell transplant-ASCT). Via Blood Cancer Journal.
Published to PubMed This Week
- Amplification of 9p24.1 in Diffuse Large B-cell Lymphoma Identifies A Unique Subset of Cases That Resemble Primary Mediastinal Large B-Cell Lymphoma.
Blood Cancer Journal
- PIK3CA Mutations in Lipomatosis of Nerve With or Without Nerve Territory Overgrowth.
- Hybridization Capture-Based Next Generation Sequencing Reliably Detects FLT3 Mutations and Classifies FLT3-Internal Tandem Duplication Allelic Ratio in Acute Myeloid Leukemia: A Comparative Study to Standard Fragment Analysis.
- De Novo Pauci-Immune Glomerulonephritis in Renal Allografts.
- Ibrutinib Monotherapy Outside of Clinical Trial Setting in Waldenström Macroglobulinaemia: Practice Patterns, Toxicities and Outcomes.
British Journal of Haematology
- Coexisting Renal Artery Stenosis and Metabolic Syndrome Magnifies Mitochondrial Damage, Aggravating Poststenotic Kidney Injury in Pigs.
Journal of Hypertension
- Acute Respiratory Failure and Mechanical Ventilation in Cardiogenic Shock Complicating Acute Myocardial Infarction in the USA, 2000-2014.
Annals of Intensive Care
- Bioinformatics and DNA-Extraction Strategies to Reliably Detect Genetic Variants from FFPE Breast Tissue Samples.
- Atypical Lipomatous Tumor/Well-Differentiated Liposarcoma and Dedifferentiated Liposarcoma in Patients <40 years: A study of 116 Patients.
- Cryobiopsy in the Diagnosis of Idiopathic Pulmonary Hemosiderosis: A Case Report.
Journal of Thoracic Disease
- Glial Fibrillary Acidic Protein (GFAP) Autoimmunity in the Setting of Seropositive Rheumatoid Arthritis Treated With Etanercept.
- A Retrospective Case Series of Synovial Sarcoma of the Upper Extremity.