The Mayo Clinic Laboratories Education team recently announced the launch of a new educational podcast titled “Lab Medicine Rounds.” Lab Medicine Rounds is a curated podcast for physicians, laboratory professionals, and students that covers a wide variety of laboratory medicine-related topics.
Here are the top five reasons you should tune in:
5. The Bow Tie Bandit of Blood: Yes, you heard that right. Justin Kreuter, M.D., is the enthusiastic host of this podcast. Dr. Kreuter is well-known at Mayo Clinic for his trademark bow tie, and as a transfusion medicine pathologist, the nickname just makes sense. Dr. Kreuter puts an entertaining spin on the wealth of knowledge he brings to the table.
4. A Reason for Each Season: We’re set to release several of the episodes based on topics relevant to the time of year. For example, ticks are a popular topic in late summer and early fall. To go along with that season, you may find yourself listening to a “Tick Talk.”
3. On-the-Go Education: As laboratory professionals, we know you’re busy. Recent surveys told us you’re looking for short and relevant education offerings that you can take with you on-the-go. With this podcast, you can get a leg up on your day by listening during your commute to or from work, right on your mobile device.
2. First-Hand Knowledge from Laboratory Leaders: This podcast will feature trending topics straight from our Mayo Clinic Laboratories subject-matter experts. Mayo Clinic has collaborated with health care organizations for over 150 years in order to advance medical knowledge. It’s a part of who we are, and we’re excited to share our knowledge in this format.
1. Making Connections:We hope this podcast encourages you to connect lab medicine and the clinical practice through insightful conversations. In fact, we believe in this so strongly, you may just hear it in our closing statement for each episode.
This rounds out our top five reasons you should give the Lab Medicine Rounds podcast a listen. If you like Lab Medicine Rounds, please subscribe. You can find it on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, and other listening apps. Direct any suggestions to email@example.com.