The research roundup provides an overview of the past week’s research from Mayo Clinic Laboratories consultants, including featured abstracts and a complete list of published studies and reviews.
In the kidney, leiomyomas and leiomyosarcomas can occur. Renal smooth-muscle tumors can arise in both men and women. In addition, similar-appearing tumors, particularly in a capsular location with HMB45 immunopositivity, are now considered to be leiomyomatous angiomyolipomas. Via Mayo Clinic Proceedings.
Published to PubMed This Week
- Differences in Duration and Degree of Cytomegalovirus DNAemia Observed with Two Standardized Quantitative Nucleic Acid Tests and Implications for Clinical Care.
Journal of Infectious Disease
- Imaging Tips for Performing a Perfect Barium Swallow.
- Pathology of Liver Disease: Advances in the Last 50 Years.
- Hypothermia and Nutrient Deprivation Alter Viability of Human Adipose-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells.
- Liquid Biopsy for Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma: An Update.
Journal of Neurosurgery Pediatrics
- Clinical Trials for Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma: The Current State of Affairs.
Childs Nervous System
- Characterization of Cellular Sources and Circulating Levels of Extracellular Vesicles in a Dietary Murine Model of Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis.
- Metabolomics in Stem Cell Biology Research.
Methods Molecular Biology
- First Report of Bilateral External Auditory Canal Cochlin Aggregates ("Cochlinomas") with Multifocal Amyloid-Like Deposits, Associated with Sensorineural Hearing Loss and a Novel Genetic Variant in COCH Encoding Cochlin.
Head and Neck Pathology
- Localized Malignant Mesothelioma, an Unusual and Poorly Characterized Neoplasm of Serosal Origin: Best Current Evidence from the Literature and the International Mesothelioma Panel.
- Identifying Patterns of Adverse Events of Solid Organ Transplantation Through Departmental Case Reviews.
Mayo Clinic Proceedings: Innovation, Quality, Outcomes