Mayo Clinic Laboratory and Pathology Research Roundup: September 23
The research roundup provides an overview of the past week’s research from Mayo Clinic Laboratories consultants, including featured abstracts and a complete list of published studies and reviews.
Discovery, Validation, and Application of Novel Methylated DNA Markers for Detection of Esophageal Cancer in Plasma.
The burden of esophageal cancer (EC) continues to rise, and non-invasive screening tools are needed. Methylated DNA markers (MDMs) assayed from plasma show promise in detection of other cancers. For EC detection, we aimed to discover and validate MDMs in tissue, and determine their feasibility when assayed from plasma. Via Clinical Cancer Research.
Published to PubMed This Week
- Clinicopathologic Characteristics, Prognostication and Treatment Outcomes for Myelodysplastic/Myeloproliferative Neoplasm, Unclassifiable (MDS/MPN-U): Mayo Clinic-Moffitt Cancer Center Study of 135 Consecutive Patients.
- Regenerative Materials for Surgical Reconstruction: Current Spectrum of Materials and a Proposed Method for Classification.
Mayo Clinic Proceedings
- A Global Genotyping Survey of Strongyloides Stercoralis and Strongyloides fuelleborni Using Deep Amplicon Sequencing.
PLoS Neglected Tropical Disease
- Benign Notochordal Cell Tumor of the Clivus with Chordoma Component: Report of 2 Cases.
Journal of Neurosurgery
- Targeting Senescence Improves Angiogenic Potential of Adipose-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells in Patients with Preeclampsia.
Biology of Sex Differences
- Temporal Trends, Predictors, and Outcomes of Acute Kidney Injury and Hemodialysis Use in Acute Myocardial Infarction-Related Cardiogenic Shock.
- Psychometric Assessment of the Health-Related Productivity Questionnaire (HRPQ) Among Women with Endometriosis.
Expert Review of Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research
- Robot Assisted Radical Cystectomy vs Open Radical Cystectomy: Over 10 years of the Mayo Clinic Experience.
- Glycogen Storage Disease Type IV: Dilated Cardiomyopathy as the Isolated Initial Presentation in an Adult Patient.
BMJ Case Reports
- Fatal TTR Amyloidosis with Neuropathy from Domino Liver p.Val71Ala Transplant.