The research roundup provides an overview of the past week’s research from Mayo Clinic Laboratories consultants, including featured abstracts and a complete list of published studies and reviews.
Antemortem Volume Loss Mirrors TDP-43 Staging in Older Adults with Non-Frontotemporal Lobar Degeneration.
Over the past decade, the transactive response DNA-binding protein of 43 kDa (TDP-43) has been recognized as a major protein in normal and pathological ageing, increasing the risk of cognitive impairment and dementia. In conditions distinct from the frontotemporal lobar degenerations, TDP-43 appears to progress in a stereotypical pattern. In the present study, we aimed at providing a better understanding of the effects of TDP-43 and other age-related neuropathologies on cross-sectional grey matter volume in a cohort of non-FTLD subjects. Via Brain.
Published to PubMed This Week
- Reply to A.S. Garden.
Journal of Clinical Oncology
- The Novel BET-CBP/p300 Dual Inhibitor NEO2734 Is Active In SPOP Mutant and Wild-Type Prostate Cancer.
EMBO Molecular Medicine
- Repurposing Quinacrine for Treatment-Refractory Cancer.
Seminars in Cancer Biology
- Characterization of TCF3 Rearrangements in Pediatric B-Lymphoblastic Leukemia/Lymphoma by Mate-Pair Sequencing (MPseq) Identifies Complex Genomic Rearrangements and A Novel TCF3/TEF Gene Fusion.
Blood Cancer Journal
- PFKFB3 Inhibition Reprograms Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma to Nutrient Stress-Induced Macropinocytosis and ER Stress As Independent Binary Adaptive Responses.
Cell Death and Disease
- In Vivo Assessment of High-Molecular-Weight Polyethylene core suture tape for intra-articular ligament reconstruction: an animal study.
Bone and Joint Journal
- Desmoplastic Infantile Ganglioglioma: A MAPK Pathway-Driven and Microglia/Macrophage-Rich Neuroepithelial Tumor.
Journal of Neuropathology and Experimental Neurology
- Ten Eleven Things Not to Say to Your Female Colleagues.
- Application of Metagenomic Shotgun Sequencing to Detect Vector-Borne Pathogens in Clinical Blood Samples.
- A Tailored Approach to Fusion Transcript Identification Increases Diagnosis of Rare Inherited Disease.
- Fluorescence In Situ Hybridization for TP63 Rearrangements in T-cell Lymphomas: Single Site Experience of 470 Patients and Implications for Clinical Testing.
- Mutational Profile in Vulvar, Vaginal, and Urethral Melanomas: Review of 37 Cases With Focus on Primary Tumor Site.
International Journal of Gynecologic Pathology