The research roundup provides an overview of the past week’s research from Mayo Clinic Laboratories consultants, including featured abstracts and a complete list of published studies and reviews.
Integration of Comprehensive Genomic Analysis and Functional Screening of Affected Molecular Pathways to Inform Cancer Therapy.
To select optimal therapies based on the detection of actionable genomic alterations in tumor samples is a major challenge in precision medicine. We describe an effective process (opened December 1, 2017) that combines comprehensive genomic and transcriptomic tumor profiling, custom algorithms and visualization software for data integration, and preclinical 3-dimensiona ex vivo models for drug screening to assess response to therapeutic agents targeting specific genomic alterations. The process was applied to a patient with widely metastatic, weakly hormone receptor positive, HER2 nonamplified, infiltrating lobular breast cancer refractory to standard therapy. Via Mayo Clinic Proceedings.
Published to PubMed This Week
- Author Correction: Sustained Perfusion of Revascularized Bioengineered Livers Heterotopically Transplanted into Immunosuppressed Pigs.
National Biomedical Engineering
- Soft Tissue Leiomyosarcoma.
Mayo Clinic Proceedings
- Lymphatic-type "Angiosarcoma" With Prominent Lymphocytic Infiltrate.
American Journal of Surgical Pathology
- Cutaneous Blastic Plasmacytoid Dendritic Cell Neoplasm Arising in the Context of TET2 and ZRSR2 Mutated Clonal Cytopenias of Unknown Significance, Secondary to Somatic Copy Number Losses Involving CDK2NA/2NB and MTAP.
American Journal of Hematology
- In vitro Activity of Plazomicin Compared to Amikacin, Gentamicin, and Tobramycin Against Multidrug Resistant Aerobic Gram-Negative Bacilli.
Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy
- Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy with Cervical Injection of Indocyanine Green in Apparent Early-Stage Endometrial Cancer: Predictors of Unsuccessful Mapping.
- ASO Author Reflections: Mucocele-Like Lesions of the Breast-Excision or No Excision?
Annals of Surgical Oncology
- Temporal Metabolomics in Dried Bloodspots Suggests Multipathway Disruptions in Aldh5a1 Mice, a Model of Succinic Semialdehyde Dehydrogenase Deficiency.
Molecular Genetics and Metabolism
- Characteristics and Utilisation of the Mayo Clinic Biobank, a Clinic-Based Prospective Collection in the USA: Cohort Profile.
- Clinicopathological Significance of Lymphocytic Colitis/Collagenous Colitis in Inflammatory Bowel Disease.
- What is New in Pericytomatous, Myoid, and Myofibroblastic Tumors?
- Update on Selected Advances in the Immunohistochemical and Molecular Genetic Analysis of Soft Tissue Tumors.
- Challenges in the Measurement and Interpretation of Serum Titanium Concentrations.
Biology Trace Element Research
- Microbiology of Polymicrobial Prosthetic Joint Infection.
Diagnosis of Microbiology and Infectious Disease
- Functional Evaluation of Isocitrate Dehydrogenase 1 and 2 Variants of Unclear Significance in Chronic Myeloid Neoplasms.
- Survey of Medical Center Employees' Willingness and Availability to Donate Blood in Support of A Civilian Warm Fresh Whole Blood Program.
American Journal of Disaster Medicine