The research roundup provides an overview of the past week’s research from Mayo Clinic Laboratories consultants, including featured abstracts and a complete list of published studies and reviews.
Assessment of the Predictive Value of Outpatient Smartphone Videos for Diagnosis of Epileptic Seizures.
This prospective, masked, diagnostic accuracy study (the OSmartViE study) took place between August 31, 2015, and August 31, 2018, at 8 academic epilepsy centers in the United States and included a convenience sample of 44 nonconsecutive outpatients who volunteered a smartphone video during evaluation and subsequently underwent video electroencephalogram monitoring. Three epileptologists uploaded videos for physicians from the 8 epilepsy centers to review. Via JAMA Neurology.
Published to PubMed This Week
- Outcomes of Patients with Submucosal (T1b) Esophageal Adenocarcinoma: A Multicenter Cohort Study.
- Complete Surgical Metastasectomy of Renal Cell Carcinoma in the Post-Cytokine Era.
Journal of Urology
- Hydrogen Peroxide-Generating Electrochemical Scaffold Activity against Tri-Species Biofilms.
Antimicrobiology Agents in Chemotherapy
- Phenotypic, Transcriptional and Functional Analysis of Liver Mesenchymal Stromal Cells and Their Immunomodulatory Properties.
- Pain Control in Breast Surgery: Survey of Current Practice and Recommendations for Optimizing Management-American Society of Breast Surgeons Opioid/Pain Control Workgroup.
Annals of Surgical Oncology
- Dynamin 2 Interacts with Alpha-Actinin 4 to Drive Tumor Cell Invasion.
Molecular Biology Cells
- Clinical Characteristics of Patients with Cancer Presenting to the Emergency Department and their Use of Emergency Medical Service Transport.
Prehospital Emergency Care
- A Team-Based Early Action Protocol to Address Ethical Concerns in the Intensive Care Unit.
American Journal of Critical Care
- Autoimmune Vestibulocerebellar Syndromes.
Seminars in Neurology
- Soft Tissue Special Issue: Biphenotypic Sinonasal Sarcoma: A Review with Emphasis on Differential Diagnosis.
Head and Neck Pathology