Due to the Memorial Day holiday (recognized on Monday, May 25), Mayo Clinic Laboratories' specimen pickup and delivery schedules will be altered. To ensure that your specimen vitality and turnaround times are not affected, plan ahead and note:
- The Commercial Airline business has been adversely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Passenger airline flights have been reduced significantly which has caused the suspension of most Sunday routes.
- FedEx shipments tendered on Saturday, May 23, are scheduled to arrive Sunday evening, May 24, although FedEx does not guarantee this delivery. Rather than hold Frozen specimens over the weekend, MCL recommends sending samples of all temperatures on Friday and Saturday so these tests will not be delayed until Tuesday’s pickup. Because of the additional in-transit time, our couriers will add more coolant to their shipping containers.
- Couriers who would normally ship samples to Jacksonville by FedEx on Saturday May 23, will instead send all work to Rochester. Saturday ground routes to will deliver to Mayo Jacksonville as normal.
- FedEx and UPS will not make pickups or deliveries on Monday, May 25.
- Mayo Couriers will not make pickups on Monday, May 25.
- Normal courier/carrier pickup and delivery will resume Tuesday afternoon, May 26.