Mayo Clinic Laboratory and Pathology Research Roundup: June 15
The research roundup provides an overview of the past week’s research from Mayo Clinic Laboratories consultants, including featured abstracts and a complete list of published studies and reviews.
We conducted a cross-sectional neuroimaging-histologic analysis of patients with antemortem FDG-PET and postmortem brain tissue from the Mayo Clinic Alzheimer's Disease Research Center and Study of Aging with Alzheimer spectrum pathology. TDP-43-positive status was assigned when TDP-43-immunoreactive inclusions were identified in the amygdala. Statistical parametric mapping (SPM) analyses compared TDP-43-positive (TDP-43[+]) with TDP-43-negative cases (TDP-43[-]), correcting for field strength, sex, Braak neurofibrillary tangle, and neuritic plaque stages. Cross-validated logistic regression analyses were used to determine whether regional FDG-PET values predict TDP-43 status. We also assessed the ratio of inferior temporal to medial temporal (IMT) metabolism as this was proposed as a biomarker of hippocampal sclerosis. Via Neurology.
Published to PubMed This Week
- Implementing High-Sensitivity Cardiac Troponin T in a US Regional Healthcare System.
- Landscape of RAS pathway mutations in patients with myelodysplastic syndrome/myeloproliferative neoplasm overlap syndromes: a study of 461 molecularly annotated patients.
- Can the SARS-CoV-2 PCR Cycle Threshold Value and Time from Symptom Onset to Testing Predict Infectivity?
Clinical Infectious Disease
- Pyridoxine Responsiveness in a Type 1 Primary Hyperoxaluria Patient With a Rare (Atypical) AGXT Gene Mutation.
Kidney International Reports
- Fibrolamellar Carcinoma.
Mayo Clinic Proceedings
- Common Variable Immunodeficiency Enteropathy With Chronic Giardiasis.
Mayo Clinic Proceedings
- Celiac disease: A subtle clue for a common disease.
American Journal of Medicine
- Risk of Iodine Deficiency in Extremely Low Gestational Age Newborns on Parenteral Nutrition.
- Performance Characteristics of Four High-Throughput Immunoassays for Detection of IgG Antibodies against SARS-CoV-2.
Journal of Clinical Microbiology
- Letter to the Editor on "The 2018 Definition of Periprosthetic Hip and Knee Infection: An Evidence-Based and Validated Criteria".
Journal of Arthroplasty
- Unintended Consequence of High-Dose Vitamin C Therapy for an Oncology Patient: Evaluation of Ascorbic Acid Interference With Three Hospital-Use Glucose Meters.
Journal of Diabetes and Science Technology
- Mass spectrometry.
- Evaluation of Somatic Hypermutation Status in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL) in the Era of Next Generation Sequencing.
Front Cell Developmental Biology
- Colonic Angiosarcoma Arising in Association with Amyloid Deposits.
Case Reports in Gastrointestinal Medicine
- ASCL1-regulated DARPP-32 and t-DARPP Stimulate Small Cell Lung Cancer Growth and Neuroendocrine Tumour Cell Proliferation.
British Journal of Cancer