Mayo Clinic Laboratory and Pathology Research Roundup: July 27
The research roundup provides an overview of the past week’s research from Mayo Clinic Laboratories consultants, including featured abstracts and a complete list of published studies and reviews.
Marked Up-Regulation of ACE2 in Hearts of Patients With Obstructive Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy: Implications for SARS-CoV-2-Mediated COVID-19.
RNA was extracted from cardiac tissue flash frozen at therapeutic surgical septal myectomy for 106 patients with HCM and 39 healthy donor hearts. Expression profiling of 37,846 genes was performed using the Illumina Human HT-12v3 Expression BeadChip. All patients with HCM were genotyped for pathogenic variants causing HCM. Technical validation was performed using quantitative real-time polymerase chain reaction (qRT-PCR) and Western blot. This study was started on January 1, 1999, and final analysis was completed on April 20, 2020. Via Mayo Clinic Proceedings.
Published to PubMed This Week
- Human Cancers Express TRAILshort, a Dominant Negative TRAIL Splice Variant, which Impairs Immune Effector Cell Killing of Tumor Cells.
Clinical Cancer Research
- CODEL: Phase III study of RT, RT + Temozolomide (TMZ), or TMZ for newly-diagnosed 1p/19q Codeleted Oligodendroglioma. Analysis from the initial study design.
Neurology and Oncology
- A Framework for Evidence Synthesis Programs to Respond to a Pandemic.
Mayo Clinic Proceedings
- Mesenchymal Tumors of the Gastrointestinal Tract with NTRK Rearrangements: A Clinicopathological, Immunophenotypic, and Molecular Study of Eight Cases, Emphasizing their Distinction from Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor (GIST).
- Safety and Efficacy of (+)-Epicatechin in Subjects with Friedreich's Ataxia: A Phase II, Open-Label, Prospective Study.
Journal of Inherited Metabolic Disease
- Knockout of Sulfatase 2 is Associated with Decreased Steatohepatitis and Fibrosis in a Mouse Model of Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease.
American Journal of Physiology
- Nerve-Sparing in Gynecology.
Journal of Minimally Invasive Gynecology
- Secondary Renal Neoplasia Following Chemotherapy or Radiation in Pediatric Patients.
- Effect of Trapeziectomy on Carpal Stability.