Mayo Clinic Laboratory and Pathology Research Roundup: November 2
The research roundup provides an overview of the past week’s research from Mayo Clinic Laboratories consultants, including featured abstracts and a complete list of published studies and reviews.
Development and Validation of a Clinical Prognostic Stage Group System for Nonmetastatic Prostate Cancer Using Disease-Specific Mortality Results From the International Staging Collaboration for Cancer of the Prostate.
This multinational cohort study included 7 centers from the United States, Canada, and Europe, the Shared Equal Access Regional Cancer Hospital (SEARCH) Veterans Affairs Medical Centers collaborative (5 centers), and the Cancer of the Prostate Strategic Urologic Research Endeavor (CaPSURE) registry (43 centers) (the STAR-CAP cohort). Patients with cT1-4N0-1M0 prostate adenocarcinoma treated from January 1, 1992, to December 31, 2013 (follow-up completed December 31, 2017). The STAR-CAP cohort was randomly divided into training and validation data sets; statisticians were blinded to the validation data until the model was locked. A Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER) cohort was used as a second validation set. Analysis was performed from January 1, 2018, to November 30, 2019. Via JAMA Oncology.
Published to PubMed This Week
- Systemic Therapy and Sequencing Options in Advanced Hepatocellular Carcinoma: A Systematic Review and Network Meta-analysis.
- Integration of Functional Assay Data Results Provides Strong Evidence for Classification of Hundreds of BRCA1 Variants of Uncertain Significance.
- COVID-19 - Lessons Learned and Questions Remaining.
Clinical Infectious Disease
- Defining Essential Enhancers for Pluripotent Stem Cells Using a Features-Oriented CRISPR-Cas9 Screen.
- Kidney Microstructural Features at the Time of Donation Predict Long-term Risk of Chronic Kidney Disease in Living Kidney Donors.
Mayo Clinic Proceedings
- The Translesional Spinal Network and Its Reorganization after Spinal Cord Injury.
- Brachyury Engineers Cardiac Repair Competent Stem Cells.
Stem Cells Translational Medicine
- TFG-Maintaining Stability of Overlooked FANCD2 Confers Early DNA-Damage Response.
- Heregulin Drives Endocrine Resistance by Altering IL-8 Expression in ER-Positive Breast Cancer.
International Journal of Molecular Science
- Development of a Pregnancy-Specific Reference Material for Thyroid Biomarkers, Vitamin D, and Nutritional Trace Elements in Serum.
Clinical Chemistry Laboratory Medicine