Holiday specimen shipment
Due to the Thanksgiving Day holiday (recognized on Thursday, November 26), Mayo Clinic Laboratories' specimen pickup and delivery schedules will be altered. To ensure that your specimen vitality and turnaround times are not affected, plan ahead and note:
- FedEx and UPS shipments tendered on Wednesday, November 25 will be delivered Friday, November 27. Because of moderate outdoor temperatures, we will have our Mayo Clinic Laboratories couriers pick up samples of all temperatures. Couriers have been instructed to pack all frozen coolers with extra dry ice as they will have to withstand a two-day trip.
- The commercial airline industry continues to be adversely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. As a general rule, only West Coast and New England cargo locations have opened for business.
- Aviation Solutions Group (ASG) will run as normal on Wednesday evening from the Dakotas, Chicago, and Detroit.
- Couriers who ship samples to Jacksonville by FedEx and UPS will do so as normal, keeping in mind their two-day transit time. Saturday ground routes will deliver to Mayo Jacksonville as normal.
- FedEx and UPS will not make pickups or deliveries on Thursday, November 26.
- Normal courier/carrier pickup and delivery schedules will resume on Friday, November 27.