Holiday specimen shipment
Due to the holiday season, Mayo Clinic Laboratories' specimen pickup and delivery schedules will be altered. To ensure that your specimen vitality and turnaround times are not affected, plan ahead and note:
- FedEx and UPS shipments tendered on Thursday, Dec 24 & Dec 31 will be delivered Saturday, Dec 26 & Jan 2. Because of moderate outdoor temperatures, we will have our MCL couriers pickup samples of all temperatures. Couriers have been instructed to pack all frozen coolers with extra dry ice as they will have to withstand a two day trip. Especially on Christmas Eve – our clients should prepare for earlier pickups by FedEx, UPS and MCL couriers who need to meet early closures at their designated Express Shipper Location.
- The Commercial Airline industry continues to be adversely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. As a general rule, only West Coast, New York, and New England cargo locations have opened for business.
- Aviation Solutions Group (ASG) will run as normal on Thursday evening into Friday morning from the Dakotas, Chicago and Detroit.
- Couriers who ship samples to Jacksonville on Thursday by FedEx and UPS will do so as normal, keeping in mind their two day transit time. Delta shipments from ATL will proceed as normal.
- FedEx and UPS will not make pickups or deliveries on Friday, Dec 25 & Jan 1.
- Mayo Couriers will not make pickups on Friday, Dec 25 & Jan 1.
- Normal courier/carrier pickup and delivery schedules will resume on Saturday, Dec 26 & Jan 2.