Mayo Clinic laboratory and pathology research roundup: May 11
The research roundup provides an overview of the past week’s research from Mayo Clinic Laboratories consultants, including featured abstracts and a complete list of published studies and reviews.
The authors reviewed the pathological findings of the myocardial specimens from 1,836 patients with obstructive HCM who underwent septal myectomy from 2000 to 2016. Myocyte hypertrophy, myocyte disarray, interstitial fibrosis, and endocardial thickening were graded and analyzed. Via Journal of American College of Cardiology.
Published to PubMed This Week
- Genomic stratification of myelodysplastic/myeloproliferative neoplasms, unclassifiable: Sorting through the unsorted.
- Clinical reasoning: A 49-year-old woman with progressive numbness and gait instability.
- Serotypic evolution of measles virus is constrained by multiple co-dominant B cell epitopes on its surface glycoproteins.
Cell Reports. Medicine
- Induction versus no induction chemotherapy before neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy and surgery in oesophageal adenocarcinoma: a multicentre randomised phase II trial (NCCTG N0849 [Alliance]).
European Journal of Cancer
- Quinacrine-induced autophagy in ovarian cancer triggers cathepsin-l mediated lysosomal/mitochondrial membrane permeabilization and cell death.
- Pathology, radiology, and genetics of interstitial lung disease in patients with shortened telomeres.
American Journal of Surgical Pathology
- The Voronoi theory of the normal liver lobular architecture and its applicability in hepatic zonation.
- Mucoepidermoid carcinoma of the parotid gland: Twenty-year experience in treatment and outcomes.
Head and Neck
- Detailed reanalysis of 500 breast cancers with equivocal HER2 immunohistochemistry and borderline ERBB2 fluorescence in Situ hybridization results.
American Journal of Clinical Pathology
- Racial disparities in the utilization and outcomes of temporary mechanical circulatory support for acute myocardial infarction-cardiogenic shock.
Journal of Clinical Medicine