Labor Day specimen shipment alert
Due to the Labor Day holiday (recognized on Monday, September 6), Mayo Clinic Laboratories' specimen pickup and delivery schedules will be altered. To ensure that your specimen vitality and turnaround times are not affected, plan ahead and note:
Courier/Carrier schedules for the Labor Day holiday are as follows:
- FedEx boxes tendered on Friday, Sept. 3rd will be delivered Saturday, Sept. 4th. Rochester domestic inbound FedEx shipments tendered on Saturday, Sept. 4th are scheduled to arrive Sunday evening, Sept. 5th, although FedEx does not guarantee this delivery. If a box does not arrive on this special Sunday PM delivery, it will instead arrive on Tuesday, Sept. 7th. Due to this potential delay, Mayo Clinic Laboratories suggests that “Saturday FedEx tendered Frozen samples and time sensitive samples” be held at the client’s facility until Tuesday’s pickup. *Note – The Sunday special run is for berry colored boxes only. All non-berry-colored boxes (e.g. Critical Ambient Shippers) will deliver Tuesday, Sept. 7th.
- A special note concerning FedEx and Saturday shipping. Since the last holiday of July 4th, GL has moved as many routes as possible away from FedEx and onto commercial alternates (Delta, American, & United Airlines). Contact your global logistics specialist for specifics.
- Saturday’s commercial airline usage should see no changes. This will remain the same as the non-holiday weekends.
- UPS boxes tendered on Saturday, Sept. 4th will be delivered on Tuesday, Sept. 7th. We discourage any Saturday domestic UPS shipments.
- Couriers who ship samples to Jacksonville by FedEx on Saturday, Sept. 4th, will instead send refrigerated and ambient samples to Rochester. Saturday commercial and ground routes will deliver to Mayo Jacksonville as normal. Sunday commercial work will ship as normal.
- FedEx and UPS will not make pickups or deliveries on Monday, Sept. 6th.
- Mayo couriers will not make pickups on Monday, Sept. 6th.
- Normal courier/carrier pickup and delivery schedules will resume Tuesday afternoon, Sept. 7th.